Ulster Bank, which is one of the main banks in Ireland, has had a major technical issue which has led to thousands of its customers being unable to access their money, pay bills, get their wages etc., etc.
It's yet another example of why people shouldn't trust banks - assuming that there's anyone out there that still does ..
But we're Irish, so we somehow manage to find a funny side to even the most annoying situations:
The guys over at Hairy Baby came up with that rather amusing graphic. A rough translation is: "Show me my money"
And by sheer coincidence I came across a gadget for recycling credit cards
- No end in sight to Ulster Bank problems causing chaos for customers (independent.ie)
- Ulster Bank says accounts will be brought up-to-date this week (newstalk.ie)
- Ulster Bank IT fiasco heading into week two (independent.ie)
- Give Ulster Bank Cards A Purpose (techietoys.eu)
- RBS IT fallout: Ulster Bank customers still without account access (guardian.co.uk)
- RBS software issues likely to continue into third week (siliconrepublic.com)